Assistant Area Association Secretary | West Yorkshire
Date first listed: 15th February 2021
If you are well organised and a good communicator, looking to get involved with an organisation that has the health and wellbeing of its members at its heart, then we have the perfect role for you!
West Yorkshire Area Association are looking for a new Assistant Secretary to provide support to the Area with administrative and governance functions. The main role of the Assistant Secretary in the West Yorkshire area is to provide secretarial support to the committee in West Yorkshire in partnership with the Secretary.
In terms of the commitment required, you will need to attend meetings on an up to monthly basis, and provide a leading role with communications in between these times. Full training and support will be provided and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- Organise meetings
- Circulate the agenda after liaising with the Area Association Vice Chair
- Ensure minutes are taken, and that all action points are followed through by the delegated individual following each meeting
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to the West Yorkshire Area Association
- Communicate literature and correspondence from CSSC and members to ensure that action is taken by the volunteer team where appropriate
- In conjunction with other volunteer team members, provide and maintain a programme of events that is accessible to all, and advertised accordingly through the appropriate CSSC channels and in accordance with the constitution
- Keep the Chair informed of any challenges
- Liaise with CSSC Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader, Katie Bradshaw
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are distributed, understood and implemented
Skills and abilities:
- Effective organisational and communicational
- You will need to be able to access the West Yorkshire CSSC Assistant Secretary Email account, and a knowledge of IT would be useful
- You should be able to make decisions and show a willingness to delegate tasks to ensure the successful running of the Area
CSSC is a not for profit organisation aimed at present and past public sector workers and positively promotes health and well-being. Through its volunteers and members, CSSC works with employers to encourage a healthy lifestyle and the chance to make friends and enjoy new experiences.
Full training will be provided with a great support structure to help you settle in. A basic background in working with Microsoft Word and Outlook is essential. The role is likely to be approx. 2 hours a week, on your own time, and any out of pocket expenses incurred will be paid. You will also be expected to attend Area meetings and occasional workshops and training as required.
Benefits of volunteering with CSSC:
- training opportunities
- strengthen your CV
- obtain references for employment reviews
- build a new network of friends and contacts and boost your confidence and communication skills
For more information about this volunteering vacancy please contact Katie Bradshaw on 07384892572 or email Katie.email@example.com.
Overview Are you looking to get more involved with your local CSSC volunteer team? Are you well organised? Do you enjoy meeting new people and are you a natural leader? West Yorkshire Area Association are looking for a new Vice Chair to give support to the Chair and help lead the...Read more
Are you looking to get more involved with your local area and CSSC, enthusiastic about our members and keen to try new things and engage with people? CSSC in the South Yorkshire Area are looking for a new committee member to support their communications with members and administrate their prize...Read more