Volunteer Merit Award
CSSC is dependent on the hard work and dedication of a large number of volunteers who deliver sport and leisure opportunities to our members. Each year the Chairman of CSSC makes up to ten awards to individuals who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to CSSC. In reaching this decision he is advised by a small advisory group drawn from CSSC's membership.
The length of qualifying service remains at ten years, but exceptionally a Merit Award could be given after seven years to reflect the changing trends in volunteering.
Nominate your 2020 choices
We are now searching for our Merit Award winners for 2020. We want nominations for volunteers that have gone above and beyond for CSSC whilst being involved in a single or multiple roles and or activities.
Rewarding and recognising volunteers is extremely important and we can assure you that it means a great deal to those who have received this Award.
Each year the Chairman of CSSC makes up to ten awards to individuals who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to CSSC. In reaching this decision he is advised by a small advisory group drawn from CSSC's membership.
Recipients receive a silver badge engraved with their name, a certificate signed by the Chairman and a framed history of how and why the Merit Award was introduced in 1978.
Criteria for Awards
(Please read the award criteria before completing the nomination)
- The individual must have given highly meritorious and sustained service to CSSC in a voluntary capacity.
- The individual must have shown integrity in representing his/her Area, Region, Sports Body or Departmental Association.
- The individual must have had a positive and distinctive impact on the activities of CSSC in one or a number of voluntary roles.
How to Nominate
- Any organisation or individual in CSSC can make or support a nomination
- You can resubmit previous unsuccessful nominations
- We will acknowledge all nominations
If you have any queries regarding the Merit Awards, please contact us.
To submit your nomination please fill out the form below.