Senior Marketing Executive
The Senior Marketing Executive will play a pivotal role in delivering the marketing strategy to grow CSSC’s membership and build awareness of the brand as a leading member benefits provider to the public sector and the civil service.
This role will focus on the acquisition of new business through digital and traditional channels. They report to the Head of Marketing and Communications and will work closely with the sales team to deliver nationwide recruitment campaigns both on a strategic and tactical level.
Working across both B2B and B2C markets, the Senior Marketing Executive will work along the marketing funnel to develop campaigns from inbound and outbound lead generation through to supporting and enhancing sales activation opportunities.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 24.5 days per annum
- Location: Head Office, High Wycombe
- Flexible approach to family and work-life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)
- Create and manage multi-channel strategic campaigns from end-to-end to drive brand awareness through to sales activation.
- Assist in creating growth plans based on increasing penetration of new and existing markets
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver effective content, campaigns, and communications - putting the customer at the heart of the content.
- Negotiate places at B2B events and support the logistics around them.
- Plan and guide marketing campaigns and ‘always-on’ continuous lifecycle marketing activities such as lead nurturing and retargeting programmes to build brand awareness, generate leads and convert to sales.
- Run B2B lead generation campaigns to create new opportunities for the inside sales team.
- Work closely with a nationwide sales team to optimise their sales collateral and enhance their success.
- Take responsibility for maintaining project plans and schedules to maintain quality and timely execution of activities.
- Take a data-driven approach to determine the success of campaigns and activities and continuously identify opportunities to optimise.
- Measure and report campaign results and trends to key stakeholders and utilise these findings to improve campaign effectiveness.
- Budget planning and management and ensure all activities are delivered on budget and to the pre-agreed deadlines and media channels.
- A minimum of 5 years’ marketing experience.
- Ideally educated to degree level in Marketing or possessing formal marketing qualifications such as the CIM.
- High level of expertise in digital marketing including search engine marketing, display ads, and paid social media advertising campaigns.
- An ability to identify and create lead generation opportunities with an understanding of the process of capture and nurture lead through marketing automations.
- Experience of negotiating places at events, working with external suppliers, and overseeing the logistics and delivery.
- Ability to analyse and report on marketing data.
- Creative thinker with a growth mindset – a hunger for trying new ways of doing things, a willingness to identify and devise new ways to solve challenges and engage with our audience.
- Highly motivated, confident, resilient, and with a positive attitude.
- Strategic and creative.
- Energetic team player.
- Able to hit the ground running, work independently (with support from the team as required), and use initiative to suggest improvements to activities and processes.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and join the dots on multiple campaigns and activities.
- Ability to make change happen and influence stakeholders
- Understand how to create messages and target them at specific groups
- Knowledge of measuring the effectiveness of marketing
- Project management experience is desirable with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with a strong sense of urgency/attention to detail.
- Experience with Account Based Marketing campaigns desirable.
- Knowledge or experience with membership associations is desirable.
- Knowledge or experience with the Civil Service or Public Sector is desirable.
To apply for this role please send us a CV and covering letter via email by 16 April.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
CSSC is here to look out for those who give their all to supporting the country and its people. Whether it’s across the civil service or public sector, we look after the people who have chosen to put their time and energy into others: serving them, protecting them, healing them, teaching them.
When we formed 100 years ago it was in the hope that - through sports - our members would find fellowship and through that unity draw strength. And this vision remains at the core of our organisation.
So today, through our communities, events, advice and guidance, and an unparalleled range of discounts and offers, we aim to help those in the civil service and public sector make the most of their leisure time. To relax and recharge, so that they may remain the best possible version of themselves.