Safety and Compliance Assistant
The Safety and Compliance Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Safety and Compliance Manager to meet the department's administrative needs and objectives.
- To provide first class support by adopting a flexible and innovative approach to supporting the Safety and Compliance Manager
- Assist to help oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of Compton Court
- Oversee building repairs and maintenance.
- Assist with facilities Health & Safety compliance
- Maintain and review Risk Assessments
- Insurance programme admin
- Information security admin including ISO27001
- Any ad-hoc duties as required
- The ability to work well as part of a team, constantly encouraging cooperation.
- Customer Focus / Relationship Management
- Understanding the needs of individuals and customers – both internal and external. Responding appropriately to their needs, developing trust and rapport to meet requirements and committed to maintaining effective channels of communication.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral. Encourages two way communication and feedback.
- Organisation & Planning
- The ability to organise and prioritise own workload and manage multiple tasks effectively. Shows ownership and responsibility for effective use of all resources to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Attitude & Personal Motivation
- Personal drive and enthusiasm to continually improve and provide the best in all situations. Confidence to accomplish job requirements and positively welcome feedback and desired outcomes.
- Quality of Work
- Produces accurate and timely, high quality work that is appropriate to customer needs.
- Problem Solving
- Ability to analyse problems/processes and consider all relevant information, implications and options. Systematically determines and apply the best course of action.
- Health and Safety compliance experience.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills at all levels.
- Competent IT skills in the use of MS Office.
- Resilient and flexible with the ability to work under pressure and with minimal direction.
- Personal drive and enthusiasm with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and a desire to succeed.
- Good decision-making skills and the ability to analyse problems and apply the best course of action.
- Highly experienced in delivering a quality administrative service in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable high-level literacy competency.
- Proven track record of applying attention to detail when undertaking tasks.
- ISO27001 Audit experience
To apply for this role please send us a CV and covering letter via email.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members, and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social), connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- A huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop, or in store with over 2,000 discounts, cashback offers and vouchers with our partners
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 24.5 days per annum
- Location: Head Office, High Wycombe
- Flexible approach to family and work-life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)