Physical activity fund
Discover more about how we can support your sports and fitness event
Our physical activity fund is a great way to try a new sports and fitness activity with your friends, family or colleagues.
- An activity that directly benefits both members and potential members
- Start-up costs such as the the purchase of non-personal equipment, venue hire costs, coach/instructor fees
- Funding of an already existing or previous activity in your workplace, area or region
- An activity that only benefits one person
- An activity that has already been tried and tested in your chosen location during the last two years
- Travel or accommodation costs for participants
- Drinks, refreshments or clothing
- Activities that involve under-18s
Our success stories
Find out how our physical activity fund has inspired members to bring health and wellbeing to their workplace.
Table tennis fun
Read about Worsley JCP's Table Tennis activities that have been taking place in their conference room.
The Independent Office of Police Conduct in Wakefield were awarded £250 to help with costs for their lunchtime Pilates classes.
Team Lightning netball
The Health and Safety Executive in York applied for funding to help with their netball sessions!
Welsh Government - Football
Mike from the Welsh Government applied to the subsidy scheme to receive funding for pitch hire.
Hockey - Dept for Int Trade - London
The DIT women’s hockey club was awarded £500 to help with the purchasing sticks and balls and the cost of pitch hire.
Before you get started
- Funding is limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis to applicants who successfully meet the fund's criteria.
- Applications can be made at any time. The fund will, however, be closed once it is exhausted.
- Non-members can take part in a CSSC led activity, however, the cost of the activity cannot be subsidised.
- If you have any questions about the Physical Activity Fund, please contact Linda Irwin.