Payroll and HR Admin Officer
A new role, which will deliver Payroll and HR services in such a way that Line Managers and staff value and respect the contribution of HR in support of CSSCs goals and objectives.
You will be providing comprehensive Payroll and HR admin support to all aspects of the employee lifecycle pay and benefits including preparing and submission of the monthly payroll, HR reporting, GDPR administration, recruitment campaigns, learning and development plans, performance management, absence management.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- A competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 24.5 days per annum
- Location: Head Office, High Wycombe
- Flexible approach to family and work life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a tastecard, not to mention all the activities we have on offer)
If you meet the requirements for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to:
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
Find out more about the key responsibilities required for this post.
- Manager the monthly payroll using a managed service, submitting accurate and timely information and reports to the payroll, pensions and benefits provider. Administer year end routines and queries, ensuring they are actioned promptly.
- Administer employee benefits including the annual review and renewals, monthly pension administration and reporting, annual leave calculations, and general queries.
- Maintain the HR information systems (HRIS) and other data systems including the Employee Self Service System (ESS). Producing monthly and quarterly HRIS reports.
- Monitor sickness absence, provide reports for HRBP and Line Managers to pro-actively manage sickness absence in line with policies and procedures.
- Maintain HR drives ensuring that up-to date forms and policies are available for Line Managers. Ensure that all HR personnel and confidential filing is organised, accessible, and up to date, in line with GDPR requirements.
- Administer health, safety and wellbeing initiatives, including on-line training, questionnaires and other activities as requested by the H&S Manager or HRBP.
- Support the HR team with any administration requests for example supporting performance, grievance issues or subject access requests.
- Provide admin support to the employee life cycle including recruitment, on-boarding, learning and development, engagement, leaver process and GDPR procedures.
- Ensuring that HR transactional/people admin processes are subject to continuous review and improvement.
- Passionate - shows initiative and takes responsibility
- Progressive - able to see the bigger picture and is adaptable to change
- Supportive - uses a collaborative approach
- Social - able to get the best from others
- Respectful communication
- Flexibility and adaptability
Skills, experience & qualifications
- Previous finance or payroll experience.
- Expert user of digital technology and MS Office Intermediate skills.
- Demonstrates effective techniques to prioritise and work through tasks methodically to effectively.
- Shows drive and determination to deliver results.
- Pro-actively looks for ways to simplify and improve procedures.
- Effectively manages time, seeks guidance when under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
- A willingness to keep aware and up to date with payroll developments.
- Awareness of HR trends and continuous improvement techniques.
- A keen interest in sports and leisure activities.
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members, and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social), connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- A huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop, or in store with over 2,000 discounts, cashback offers and vouchers with our partners