Keep active and healthy in 2020
For many, the start of a new year often comes with new resolutions. Sometimes they focus on getting fit, or saving money. Other times it’s about experiences like starting an adventure or meeting new people.
If you’re one of the 60% of people who make a New Year’s resolution, did you know you’ve got a much greater chance of sticking to it if you join a club or incorporate some kind of social element?
Involving others in your commitment can help provide the support, encouragement and enthusiasm we all need at times to drive us forward. And that’s where we come in.
As a member of CSSC, you’ve got a wealth of experience, expertise and determination at the touch of your fingertips to inspire you to achieve great things. As well as our know-how on sports, fitness, leisure pursuits and wellbeing, we’ve got hundreds of useful tools and techniques to complement our range of discounted facilities, equipment, sports and activities to help you achieve your goals.
Let us be the spark that fires your imagination
Whatever you’re challenging yourself to this year, try planting a few simple seeds to see what grows and let us know how you’re getting on. We’d love to hear about your journey and how we might be able to help #csscresolutions.
Top tips on getting active
- Start off small – Don’t expect too much, too soon. Build up gradually to get better each time.
- Record your progress – Keep a diary or use a motion-tracking app. Celebrate successes.
- Use technology – If a smartwatch is not for you, try running apps or online videos to get inspired.
- Make it social - Join a gym, fitness class or running club to find like-minded people, or join with a friend.
- What floats your boat – If you find you’re not enjoying yourself, try something else until you find that special activity.
Top tips on eating healthily
- Get your 5-a-day – Eat a rainbow of fruit and veg. A healthy inside can lead to a healthy outside.
- Expert advice – A nutritionist or personal trainer can advise you on what to eat to achieve your goals.
- Keep a diary – A food journal or pre-planned menus can make it easier to plan ahead and eat well.
- Online blogs – Search for personal journeys or inspiring content about what to eat and drink.
- Get creative – Incorporate cooking into your regime, to understand what goes into your diet.
Top tips on trying something new
- Be adventurous – Create a list of 12 things you’ve always wanted to do and pick one at random each month. Research online how you might be able to have a go.
- Check CSSC – Look at Things to Do or Everyday Savings, to find an activity you’ve never seen before.
- Be spontaneous – Planning your year ahead can help with the weather, but try to say yes, to a last-minute invite.
- Be alphabetical – Think of an activity for each letter of the alphabet and see if you can save money with your membership.
- Be social – If you can’t encourage a friend to join you, look for an online community or local club with CSSC or online.