Today is International Women’s Day, when the whole world pauses and reflects to honor the amazing work and immeasurable achievements women in particular make.
The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity and helping to raise funds for female-focused charities like Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, Catalyst, Equality Now and many others.
On a mission
International Women’s Day (IWD) has a number of missions to help realise their goal of a gender equal world.
- raising greater awareness about issues impacting women's equality
- taking a stance to call out inequality while working to forge positive action
- highlighting and applauding where important gains are being made
- celebrating women's achievements and accomplishments
Choose to challenge
This year’s theme is ‘Choose to Challenge’. To encourage everyone to call out gender bias whenever they witness it, to help create a more inclusive world.
Everyone can help IWD spread the word by striking your ‘Choose to Challenge’ pose and sharing on social media using #ChooseToChallenge or #IWD2021.
Find out more and get involved on the International Women's Day website.
CSSC’s International Women’s Day
To celebrate IWD and help mark this important day, we’re planning a series of events and articles. Including:
- a podcast from Jody Hughes focusing on women in sport
- a webcast from Katie Bradshaw on the benefits of volunteering and women in leadership roles
- insight into women working in CSSC from a number of inspiring colleagues
We’re also asking for our members on social media to tell us which women they most admire and why. You can join in at #ChooseToChallenge or #IWD2021.