For this role you need to have knowledge of Excel and be financially savvy, full training and support will be provided by CSSC’s finance team.
Your time and expenses
In terms of the commitment required, the role is likely to take approx. 1-2hrs per week, with attendance to include at least 5 meetings per year and the AGM which is held in March. Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- Maintain an accurate, up to date record of all financial transactions
- Make prompt payment of all bills and invoices received
- Obtain necessary authorisation from another officer before making payments
- Ensure that all CSSC policies are understood and implemented
- To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Perth Area Association
- In conjunction with other volunteer team members, provide and maintain a programme of events that is accessible to all, and advertised accordingly through the appropriate CSSC channels and in accordance with the constitution
- Keep the Chair informed of any challenges
- Liaise with CSSC Head Office and the Volunteer Team Leader, Siobhan Hogg
Skills and abilities
- It would be desirable (but not essential) that you have experience of keeping accounts/book keeping or are confident with finances
- Effective organisational and communicational skills
- Able to access the CSSC Perth Treasurer Email account, and a general knowledge of IT (particularly MS Excel) would be ideal
For more information about this volunteer role or an informal chat please contact Siobhan Hogg via email or call 07802 482328.