At the CSSC AGM held at the Riverside Centre, Newport on 2nd March 2020, a new CSSC IOW committee was voted in. This was just as COVID 19 was emerging in the UK, and unfortunately the combination of lockdown restrictions and our (small) volunteer committee being key workers, sadly took its toll on our plans to re energise activities for members in 2020.
However, we are now (hopefully) coming out of restrictions and we are thrilled to be starting to make plans for 2021.
We are really looking forward to working with you, our members, to make what we do relevant to your needs and interests as we move forwards
Virtual AGM news
A virtual Area AGM was held on 31 March 2021 via MS teams and our committee was re-elected, we are delighted to introduce the following local volunteers to you:
- Carla Johnson a Ryde resident working for the Home Office in Portsmouth was voted in as Chairman. You can contact Carla on her CSSC volunteer email address.
- Tracy Champion was voted in a secretary. Tracy is a civil servant working on the IOW. She has been a CSSC member for many, many years and was a previous committee member. Tracy can be contacted with ideas or questions on her CSSC volunteer email address.
Unfortunately, there were no volunteers for the island post of Treasurer so David Albery (a CSSC volunteer Treasurer from CSSC South region) has agreed to maintain our accounts for the second year or until an IOW treasurer can be found. Many thanks go to him. Without him we would not be able to operate as a committee.
Treasurer volunteer needed
If any of you are budding accountants and think you might be able to spare some time to support the local committee with this key role, we would love to hear from you!
Support with running and organising events
The following are committee members and/or volunteers who are willing and able to set up and support any events and activities and keep our members active and healthy.
- Dave Champion an island resident who was introduced as a linked member 4 years ago.
- Penny Rossiter a committee member for many years and Deputy Secretary.
- Mike & Sue Waddleton – Mike was Chairman of IOW Area Association for several years along with his wife, Sue, until 2020 when they decided to take a well earned rest from committee work.
Mike and Sue are still offering their full support in running and organising events, when time permits them, which is fantastic news for the island and its 800+ members, and we are very grateful to them for continuing to give us the benefit of their expertise.
Volunteer with us
If you are interested in getting involved with the committee as a volunteer or as a treasurer please get in touch by emailing Tracy or Penny. We welcome new volunteers and new ideas and we are keen to hear from you on what you would like to see locally from CSSC.