HR Admin Officer (P/T)
An HR Admin Officer is required to provide comprehensive HR admin support to all aspects of the employee lifecycle:
- Recruitment campaigns
- Learning and development plans
- Performance management
- Pay and benefits including preparing and submission of the monthly payroll
- HR reporting
- GDPR administration
You must be proactive, with the passion to deliver HR services in such a way that line managers and staff value and respect the contribution of HR in support of the company’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the HRBP this is a new part-time position, 25 Hours per week Monday to Friday 09:30 to 15:30 or flexible working considered.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible approach to family and work life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a Tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)
If you meet the requirements for this role, please send a CV and covering letter by email.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
Find out more about this post.
- Maintain the HR information systems (HRIS), Employee Self Service System (ESS)
- Monitor sickness absence, provide reports for HRBP and line managers
- Administer health, safety and wellbeing initiatives as requested by the H&S manager or HRBP
- Ensure HR forms, policies and files are organised, accessible, and up to date, in line with GDPR
- Administer the monthly payroll using a managed service
- Administer employee benefits including the annual review and renewals
- Co-ordinate the end to end recruitment process; maintain job descriptions
- Co-ordinate induction of new employees with line managers
- Co-ordinate the administration for the learning & development plan
- Co-ordinate the performance review process, including activation, tracking monitoring and filing
- Co-ordinate employee engagement initiatives, surveys, social events, company meetings
- Support the HRBP with any administration
- Co-ordinate the leavers process and all leavers administration in line with GDPR procedures
- Providing a reliable first point of contact for any queries from line managers and employees on all issues including HR policies and procedures
Skills and experience
- CIPD qualified or working towards preferred
- Expert user of digital technology and MS Office Intermediate skills
- Proven HRIS and Payroll experience
- Able to prioritise and work through tasks methodically to effectively meet deadlines
- Shows drive and determination to deliver results
- Pro-actively looks for ways to simplify and improve procedures
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- Huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop or in store with over 2,000 discount, cashback and vouchers with our partners
Our activities are delivered by around 70 members of staff (based in head office and remotely) and more than 2000 volunteer organisers.
We are currently in the midst of an ambitious digital change programme that will reinvigorate the organisation, bring us up to date in terms of technology, our product, the way we talk about ourselves and the way we attract new members. Everyone in the organisation is excited about this transformation and our growth potential.