Hertfordshire Area - Sports Liaison Officer
Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you well organised and good at keeping people on track during meetings? Then we have the perfect role for you! Hertfordshire Area Association are looking for a new Sports Liaison Officer to plan a variety of sporting events for Hertfordshire members.
From golf competitions to running events-any sports event you can find, we want to know about! Help us to improve our local offering, and be a part of our exciting organisation to bring sports back to Hertfordshire!
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to what sporting events we can provide for local CSSC members. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and full training and support will be provided.
In terms of the commitment required, committee meetings take place once a month and there is an annual AGM usually held in February/March.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will recieve:
- training opportunities
- strengthen your CV
- obtain references for employment reviews
- build a new network of friends and contacts
- boost your confidence and communication skills
Find out more about what's required for this post.
- Develop new sport and physical activity ideas
- Develop partnerships in the community
- Consult and gather feedback from members and develop the program accordingly
- Work with staff and other volunteers to share good practice, develop networks and increase participation in sport and physical activity across Hertfordshire Area Association
Skills and abilities
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good at problem solving
- IT literate
- Able to attend relevant training courses
- Able to attend committee meetings (usually held once a month)
- Someone who can work independently as well as part of a team
- Passionate – about physical and mental wellbeing and supporting active lifestyles. Seeking out partners and experts who share our beliefs
- Progressive – embraces change and look for opportunities to support themselves and the service to members. Valuing feedback and inviting new ideas
- Supportive – respect and trust for each other, welcoming and inclusive. Sharing expertise and knowledge
- Social – connects people with common goals and interests. Sharing stories, making friends and having fun
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part-funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- Huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop or in store with over 2,000 discount, cashback and vouchers with our partners
Our activities are delivered by around 70 members of staff (based in head office and remotely) and more than 2000 volunteer organisers.
We are currently in the midst of an ambitious digital change programme that will reinvigorate the organisation, bring us up to date in terms of technology, our product, the way we talk about ourselves and the way we attract new members. Everyone in the organisation is excited about this transformation and our growth potential.