Hertfordshire Area - Event Organiser
Are you looking to get more involved with your local committee? Are you passionate about events planning? Then we have the perfect role for you! Hertfordshire Area Association are looking for a new Activity Organiser to plan a variety of events for Hertfordshire CSSC members.
From Theatre trips to weekend breaks away-any event you can find, we want to know about! Help us to improve our local offering, and be a part of our exciting organisation!
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to how what events we can provide for local CSSC members. There is ample scope for innovative thinking and full training and support will be provided.
In terms of the commitment required, committee meetings take place once a month and there is an annual AGM usually held in February/March.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will recieve:
- training opportunities
- strengthen your CV
- obtain references for employment reviews
- build a new network of friends and contacts
- boost your confidence and communication skills
Find out more about what's required for this post.
- To support compiling and publishing a calendar of events
- Research into local events that you may be interested in organising
- Publish events on the nutickets system in order for members to purchase tickets
- Give feedback to the committee on any progress related to the event
- Monitor all stages of the planning process
- Attend events organised (usually if you organise an event, you are able to attend at no extra cost)
- Agree a budget and costings for events with the Area Treasurer
- Gather feedback from members to aid with planning future events
- Liaise with the Head Office Event Team and your local Volunteer Team Leader, Lucy Vizor
Skills and abilities
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- IT literate
- Able to attend relevant training courses
- Able to attend committee meetings (usually held once a month)
- Passionate – about physical and mental wellbeing and supporting active lifestyles. Seeking out partners and experts who share our beliefs
- Progressive – embraces change and look for opportunities to support themselves and the service to members. Valuing feedback and inviting new ideas
- Supportive – respect and trust for each other, welcoming and inclusive. Sharing expertise and knowledge
- Social – connects people with common goals and interests. Sharing stories, making friends and having fun
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over £160,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- Huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop or in store with over 2,000 discount, cashback and vouchers with our partners
Our activities are delivered by around 70 members of staff (based in head office and remotely) and more than 2000 volunteer organisers.
We are currently in the midst of an ambitious digital change programme that will reinvigorate the organisation, bring us up to date in terms of technology, our product, the way we talk about ourselves and the way we attract new members. Everyone in the organisation is excited about this transformation and our growth potential.