We are recruiting a Finance Assistant to provide an efficient and effective service ensuring that financial information is prepared for decision making purposes and to meet statutory reporting requirements.
- Registering and Posting all Accounts Payable Invoices into Sage
- Entering Staff Expenses, other events expenses in Accounts Payable
- Bacs Payment run twice a week
- Company Credit Card Receonciliation and any other reconciliation
- Dealing with Accounts payable queries
- Involving in the Finance Projects
- Monthend reconciliation work
- Updating HMRC mileage rates and updating our system
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts
- Dealing with Purchase Order queries and quarterly reconciliation of Purchase Orders
- Any other Adhoc work requested by Finance
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary to the effective performance of the role and reviewing performance against agreed objectives.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for health and safety, legal stipulations and general duty of care.
Skills, experience, knowledge & qualifications
- SAGE1000 Finance Software experience would be an advantage
- Intermediate to Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Thorough, methodical and logical approach to work with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to multi-task and work part of a team with minimum supervision.
- Must be dependable and use discretion and honesty when handling confidential information.
- Able to deal with wide range of people
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to organise and prioritise own workload
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members, and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social), connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- A huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop, or in store with over 2,000 discounts, cashback offers and vouchers with our partners
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 24.5 days per annum
- Location: Head Office, High Wycombe
- Flexible approach to family and work-life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)