Meet BBC Morning Live garden designer and plant expert, Mark Lane.
Mark has designed gardens for RHS Chelsea and Hampton Court. So, who better to share their insight into how gardening helps improve mental and physical health?
Mark will be on hand to share his thoughts, experiences, top tips and answer your questions on creating a calming garden experience to cultivate good mental wellbeing.
Together with Mark, Damien Newman from Thrive will look at the benefits of gardens and gardening for health and explore ways to make any garden a relaxing and calm environment.
Thrive runs Social and Therapeutic Horticulture programmes for hundreds of people each year who have long-term health conditions and disabilities. Client gardeners work with their horticultural therapy teams at the three gardens in Birmingham, London and near Reading.
Please click here for more information.
- The presentation will last around 60 minutes.
- Interactive Q&A
Only one ticket needed per household for as many people as you can fit round a Zoom call.
Thrive make a real difference to many lives. Please make a donation to Thrive, so that they can provide the support, advice and equipment to deliver their incredible services.
How to Book
- Please log in to the CSSC website and click 'book now' below
- Select your ticket/s and complete the online form
Non CSSC Members
- Please click here to access the booking page directly
- Once ticket has been selected you wil be asked to create an account to register and pay
- This will NOT sign you up to CSSC and only communication about the event will be sent to you unless otherwise advised by yourself.
- CSSC Members: Free
- Optional £5.00 donation to Thrive available to select during the booking process.
- Non CSSC Members: £5.00
- You will receive instructions on how to join the virtual event closer to the event date
- This even will be hosted on Zoom