For 400 years, the Royal Dockyard at Chatham made ships for the Royal Navy, including the nation’s most loved, HMS VICTORY. Today laughter, smiles and memories are made there.
During our visit we will take part in the Official Call the Midwife Tour. Our very own midwife will take us to various areas used as the locations for many of the scenes in the popular TV series. We will also experience life as a Victorian Ropemaker on a tour with a costumed guide. We will have the chance to make our own rope before seeing the dramatic ¼ mile long ropewalk.
Other areas within the dockyard to visit are the No1 Smithery which included World-class collections from Royal museums Greenwich and the Imperial War Museum. There are three historic warships, HMS Cavalier (1944) a second World War Destroyer, HMS Gannet (1978) a Victorian Naval sloop and HM Submarine Ocelot (1962) the last Submarine built at Chatham for the Royal Navy. Plus many other sights to see and history to explore.
The Railway Workshop is a space to enjoy a picnic which you can either take with you or visit the Wagon Stop canteen to find your supplies.
- Return deluxe coach travel
- Entrance into Chatham Dockyard
- Call the Midwife Tour
- The Ropery Tour
Coach pick up points
- Anns Hill Cemetry, Gosport
- Bus stop, High Street, Fareham
- Lynx House, Cosham
Format of the day
- Arriving at Chatham Dockyard by 11.00 hrs
- 1st Pick up point will be at 08.00 hrs
- Leaving Chatham Dockyard at 16.00 hrs
- Final drop off point at 19.00 hrs
- CSSC Member: £33.00
- Non Member: £47.50
How to Book
- Log into the CSSC website and select "book now" below.
- Select the correct quantity of tickets and enter the required information.
- Make payment online and receive a booking confirmation via email.
The closing date for applications is 22 October 2021 or when tickets sell out.