The Ceremony of the Keys is the traditional locking up of the Tower of London, which has taken place every night, without fail, for over 700 years and is the oldest military ceremony in the world.
Set amid the battlements of this ancient fortress it is an amazing spectacle to behold.
- A 1 hour walking tour of the Tower
- Finishing with the Ceremony of the Keys
The schedule of the tour is as follows:
- 20:30 Guests arrive promptly at the West Gate and names are checked. A Yeoman Warder will take guests on a one hour long external tour of the Tower of London including Traitors Gate and the Execution Site.
- 21:30 Guests are gathered and briefed on the Ceremony of the Keys.
- 21:45 Guests are assembled at Traitors Gate ready for the Ceremony
- 21:53 Ceremony of the Keys
- 22:05 Ceremony ends and guests depart via the West Gate<span "="">
- CSSC Member: £28.00
- Non CSSC Member: £48.00
1 discounted space per CSSC membership number.
Did you know? CSSC Members can invite up to six friends and family, who wouldn’t usually qualify through their work, to join CSSC. What’s more, is you’ll get £10 cashback, for each friend that joins, as our way of saying thanks. Click here for more information.
How to Book
- Log into the CSSC website and select "book now" below.
- Select your tickets and enter the required information.
- Make payment online and booking confirmation wil be sent to you via email.
Attendee names will be forwarded on to the venue and checked off upon arrival.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th July 2021 at 4pm
More about The Tower of London
Please click here to visit the HRP Tower of London website.
- The ceremony of the keys takes place outside in all weather conditions
- Photography is not permitted during any part of the ceremony.
01494 888 434