The day sail will start at 1000hrs and finish at 1600hrs and are primarily intended to introduce people to sailing.
Attendees are encouraged to take a full part in all the activities, helming, crewing etc. You’ll be in safe hands with our qualified helms and crew who have kindly volunteered their time to give you a great sailing experience.
About the boats
We sail Squib Keelboats – which are 19ft long and have a fixed keel, capable of giving an experienced sailor or new to the sailing crew, a lively and exciting sail. We also have a 31ft Soling, which raced in the 1972 Olympics. If you are nervous about sailing, just to say fixed keelboats are much more stable than a dinghy and highly unlikely to capsize.
Who can sail
Rutland CSSC welcomes all people who would like a taster sail:
- CSSC Members
- Non- CSSC Members
- RAPC Association Members
- Children 16 yrs old or older - may sail unaccompanied with a competent helm and crew.
- Children under 16 would need to sail with an accompanying adult who has the parent's permission to do so
You will be given a full safety briefing and we will provide buoyancy aids –which must be worn, including on the jetty.
The helm is responsible for crew and boat safety and has the final say regarding the safety of the boat and crew.
- CSSC Members: £20.00
- Non CSSC Members: £35.00
- RAPC Association Members: £20.00
How to Book
- Please log in to the CSSC website and click 'book now' below
- Select your ticket/s and complete the online form
- Pay for your tickets online
If you are viewing this on cssc.co.uk and do not have a CSSC membership account please CLICK HERE to bypass this step and book your tickets.
Please CLICK HERE for an additional information sheet about this event.
Once booked on details about the day will be set to all attendees no later than a week prior to the event.