The February 2022 Winter Hill Walking CSSC trip will be run from the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William, Scotland.
This has proved a very popular event which has been running for several years and provides the opportunity for members to experience walking at all levels including; arduous winter hill walking and scrambling in (hopefully) snowy, icy and sub zero conditions as well as scenic below the snow-line hill walking to siut members abilities and wishes for a Scotish Highlands experience second to none.
- Full novice and intermediate winter skills training
- Various levels of walking above and below the snow-line
- Snow and ice climbing
- Ascending mountains wearing crampons and with the use of an ice axe
- Navigation training
- Options for ski touring/downhill skiing (additional costs)
What is included
- Full-bord accommodation at the Alexandra Hotel ideally situated in the Highland town of Fort William.
- Single room supplement/Part-week option.
- Qualified winter walking/climbing leaders familiar with the local area
- Packed lunch each day
- Equipment hire (crampons, ice axe, climbing helmet)
- Full use of hotel leisure facilities (Gym/swimming pool/sauna)
- Bar and entertainment programme.
A non-refundable deposit of £100.00 is required to hold your place on the trip.
- CSSC members: £500.00
- Single room supplement: £175.00
- Ice Axe hire: £10.00
- Crampon hire: £10.00
To reserve a single room please pay for the supplement upfront. Limited single rooms available so we cannot guarantee your prefered room type if not paid for.
How to Book
- Please log in to the CSSC website and click 'book now' below
- Select your ticket/s and complete the online form
- Pay for your tickets online
Closing date for deposit payment is Sunday 28 November 2021.
Balance payment due by Tuesday 04 January 2022
More about the hotel
Please click here to visit the Alexanra hotel, Fort William.
As you can imagine from the description of this event, those wishing to maximise experiencing winter hillwalking to include highlevel walking in deep snow conditions will be expected to have a reasonable level of fitness, some degree of walking experience and be of stout character with reserves of energy and a good range of walking equipment and boots. That said, there is a full range of walks available including demanding and more liesurley routes below the snow-line.
Please be aware that current Covid restrictions and guidelines will be in place at this event. Further information to follow closer to the event date.
Medical form must be completed and handed to the walk leader before partaking in a guided walk. This will be forwarded with final event details a month prior to the event.
Please click here for more information about CSSC hill walking events.