Explore the past
Take a stroll through history at English Heritage sites across the country.
CSSC members are eligible for free entry to English Heritage sites. Members can also take one other adult and up to six accompanying children (max. 6 under the age of 18) with them for free.
This offer is exclusive for CSSC members, as CSSC are the only partner of English Heritage to offer free entry of this kind.
Selected English Heritage sites will remain open from 6 November
English Heritage will be keeping a selection of their sites open from 6 November. These sites all have large outdoor spaces, and can be opened in a way that protects the health of all visitors, staff and volunteers.
All the interior spaces at these sites will be closed, but the grounds remain open for local visitors and members to explore.
To see details of which sites remain open, and the safety measures in place, please visit the English Heritage website.
To help keep everyone safe, all visitors need to book an arrival time in advance. Once you arrive, you can stay for as long as you like.
Visitors without a pre-booked slot will be turned away.
Remember, you can only visit an outdoor public place with the people you live with, with your support bubble or, when on your own, with one person from another household.
How to book your visit
To book your free tickets as a CSSC member visit the English Heritage website and follow the below guidance:
- Click on ‘book your visit’, then search and select the site you wish to visit.
- From the individual site webpage, select ‘book your visit’ and select your chosen time
- Under ‘Member and Corporate Admission’ select ‘Corporate member admission’ for yourself, up to one other adult and up to six accompanying children (max. 6 under the age of 18).
- To receive your confirmation email, you’ll need to fill in your contact details.
- To gain entry to the site you’ll need to show your booking confirmation when you arrive, either as a printout or on a mobile device. You’ll also need to show your digital or physical CSSC membership card. Visitors without a booking confirmation or CSSC membership card will be turned away.
Please check the English Heritage website ahead of your visit to ensure sites are open and to check the most up-to-date information on safety measures and parking.
Please be mindful of local lockdown measures when booking tickets and check the individual property pages for more details.
CSSC members, as corporate English Heritage members, do not qualify for English Heritage parking badges. As a result, CSSC members will be required to pay for parking at English Heritage sites where parking charges apply.
There are a small number of sites where CSSC members can claim free parking. For information on which sites this applies to please check here.
FAQs and safety guidelines
English Heritage have put together a FAQs page, which contains the answers to a large number of queries. Due to the limited capacity of the English Heritage customer service team, please check this page before making any inquiries.
English Heritage have also introduced a range of measures at their sites to help adhere to social distancing guidelines and hygiene standards. These can be viewed on the English Heritage website.
There are a small number of English Heritage sites which are excluded from this offer. For full details of the sites which members can visit for free and which are exempt click here.