Explore the past
Take a stroll through history at English Heritage sites across the country.
Explore history like never before whilst spending some time in the great outdoors.
CSSC members are eligible for free entry to English Heritage sites. Members can also take one other adult and up to six accompanying children (max. 6 under the age of 18) with them for free.
This offer is exclusive for CSSC members, as CSSC are the only partner of English Heritage to offer free entry of this kind.
Before booking your tickets or visiting an English Heritage site please check their website directly to see what safety measures they have in place or if your trip will be affected by the latest Government guidelines or advice.
To help keep everyone safe, all visitors need to book an arrival time in advance. Once you arrive, you can stay for as long as you like.
Visitors without a pre-booked slot will be turned away.
Remember, you can only visit an outdoor public place with the people you live with, with your support bubble or, when on your own, with one person from another household.
How to book your visit
To book your free tickets as a CSSC member visit the English Heritage website and follow the below guidance:
- Find the webpage for the indivdual site site you wish to visit
- From the individual site webpage, select ‘book your visit’ and select your chosen date and time
- Under ‘Associated Organisation’ select the relevant ticket type for yourself, up to one other adult and up to six accompanying children (max. 6 under the age of 18).
- To receive your confirmation email, you’ll need to fill in your contact details.
- To gain entry to the site you’ll need to show your booking confirmation when you arrive, either as a printout or on a mobile device. You’ll also need to show your digital or physical CSSC membership card. Visitors without a booking confirmation or CSSC membership card will be turned away.
Please check the English Heritage website ahead of your visit to ensure sites are open and to check the most up-to-date information on safety measures and parking.
Please be mindful of local lockdown measures when booking tickets and check the individual property pages for more details.
CSSC members, as corporate English Heritage members, do not qualify for English Heritage parking badges. As a result, CSSC members will be required to pay for parking at English Heritage sites where parking charges apply.
There are a small number of sites where CSSC members can claim free parking. For information on which sites this applies to please check here.
FAQs and safety guidelines
English Heritage have put together a FAQs page, which contains the answers to a large number of queries. Due to the limited capacity of the English Heritage customer service team, please check this page before making any inquiries.
English Heritage have also introduced a range of measures at their sites to help adhere to social distancing guidelines and hygiene standards. These can be viewed on the English Heritage website.
There are a small number of English Heritage sites which are excluded from this offer. For full details of the sites which members can visit for free and which are exempt click here.