Eastern Region Secretary
Are you looking to get more involved with your Regional committee? Are you well organised and good at taking notes? Then we have the perfect role for you! Eastern Region are looking for a new Secretary to take minutes for Regional meetings and be a point of call for volunteers within the Region.
This role would suit someone who is well organised; a good listener with meticulous attention to detail. Access to a computer is essential, as is experience in Microsoft Office. Training, support and mentoring will be provided.
• Be a point of contact for communication and correspondence
• To arrange suitable venues for Regional committee meetings and book meeting rooms if/when required
• To circulation the agenda for each meeting after liaising with the Regional Chairperson
• Ensure minutes are taken, and that all action points are followed through by the delegated individual following each meeting, including the Regional meeting and Regional Conference
• To communicate with fellow officers (Chairperson and Treasurer), committee members and to keep Area Association officers within the Region up to date
• Communicate literature and correspondence from CSSC and members to ensure that action is taken by the volunteer team where appropriate
• Keep the Chairman informed of any challenges
• Work closely with other volunteers and CSSC staff to develop and review priorities and actions
• Ensure that all CSSC policies are distributed, understood and implemented
• To liaise with CSSC Head Office and your Volunteer Team Leader, Lucy Vizor
• To use the provided CSSC email account for all communications relating to Eastern Region
Skills and abilities
• Effective organisational and communicational skills
• A knowledge of social media would be an advantage
• You will need to be able to access the Eastern Regional CSSC Secretary Email account
• A basic background in working with Microsoft Word is essential
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm:
• 'Organiser goes free' policy on events (terms apply)
• Build a new network of friends and contacts
• Boost your confidence and communication skills
• Training opportunities
• Strengthen your CV
• Obtain references for employment reviews
Your time and expenses
The role is likely to take approximately 1.5 hours per week on average. In addition, you will be expected to attend relevant Regional meetings which take place approx. four times a year along with an annual Regional meeting (April) and a Regional conference which takes place over two days (November).
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part-funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
• Huge variety of taster days
• Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
• Fantastic savings in our online shop or in-store with over 2,000 discount, cashback and vouchers with our partners
Our activities are delivered by around 70 members of staff (based in head office and remotely) and more than 2,000 volunteer organisers.
We are currently in the midst of an ambitious digital change programme that will reinvigorate the organisation, bring us up to date in terms of technology, our product, the way we talk about ourselves and the way we attract new members. Everyone in the organisation is excited about this transformation and our growth potential.
Passionate – about physical and mental wellbeing and supporting active lifestyles. Seeking out partners and experts who share our beliefs
Progressive – embraces change and look for opportunities to support themselves and the service to members. Valuing feedback and inviting new ideas
Supportive – respect and trust for each other, welcoming and inclusive. Sharing expertise and knowledge
Social – connects people with common goals and interests. Sharing stories, making friends and having fun