Delivery Executive (Junior Project Manager)
An exciting opportunity to join our Programme Delivery Team. The Delivery Executive will focus on managing and delivering a vast range of business focussed projects. The role involves creating, monitoring, and delivering project plans and organising and participating in stakeholder meetings to ensure that all project deadlines are met on time and within budget.
Location: Office based (High Wycombe, Bucks) & remote flexible working
Contract: Full time, 2-year fixed-term contract (FTC)
Closing Date: Friday 15 October 2021
You will be reporting to Jade Knowlden, Head of Programme Delivery.
Find out more about the key responsibilities required for this post.
What you will do
- Manage projects as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions or escalate where applicable.
- Producing, maintaining, and monitoring programme/project plans, project schedules and budgets.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Providing ad-hoc support to projects and teams as required.
Managing Supplier Relationships:
- Lead, organise, attend, and participate in supplier meetings.
- Ensuring suppliers projects are delivered.
- Manage the day-to-day Supplier Relationship and provide support to colleagues as required.
Internal Stakeholder Management:
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and actions to all project team members.
- Facilitate lessons learned sessions with colleagues and suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to chair meetings.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Organised with good attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Problem solver, personable and positive attitude.
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
Key skills and experience
- At least 1 years’ experience in a project role, e.g. project coordinator, support or manager.
- An understanding of project management and delivery methodologies.
- Experience in delivering projects through the project lifecycle.
- Ability to cope in a complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
- Experience of successfully engaging management and groups of stakeholders.
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation.
- Experience in facilitating meetings
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous experience working with Smartsheets or similar Project Management tool is desirable.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check.
If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members, and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy. Our four organisation values are Passionate, Progressive, Supportive and Social.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social), connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- A huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop, or in store with over 2,000 discounts, cashback offers and vouchers with our partners
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- 24 ½ days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Free CSSC Membership
- 90 minutes of wellbeing time, per week
- Flexible working (remote and office based)
- Excellent company pension schemes available
- Training and Development opportunities
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme