Customer Support Advisor
An experienced and dynamic Customer Support Advisor is required to provide an effective and efficient service, acting as the first point of contact for all enquiries, supplying information and advice on membership services.
The Customer Support Advisor will join CSSC Sports & Leisure, a long-standing not for profit organisation that promotes active, fulfilling lifestyles by providing sport and leisure opportunities to over 160,000 members, offering exclusive membership to public sector employees, civil servants, and HM Armed Forces personnel.
Reporting to the Customer Service Team Leader, the Customer Support Advisor will process membership application forms within agreed standards and timescales to meet customer needs and objectives.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 24.5 days per annum
- Location: Head Office, High Wycombe
- Flexible approach to family and work life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)
If you meet the requirements for this role, please send a CV and covering letter.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
Find out more about the key responsibilities required for this post.
- Assess and provide accurate, appropriate information and advice on membership and queries
- Explain the features and benefits of membership, products and services to maximise membership sales
- Ensure all calls and queries are undertaken efficiently and within agreed standards
- Process membership applications and electronic subscription pay data
- Process manual and paperless direct debit payments and production of monthly reports
- Produce reports and statistics as required (monthly membership reports, pay data, etc) to assist in the administration and calculation of grant calculations and reports for affiliated organisations
- Provide general administrative support (distribution of post and general reception duties)
Skills and experience
- At least one years’ experience in a similar customer support role and understanding of the importance of excellent customer service and service level agreements
- Knowledge of managing online information systems, CRM systems or e-trading systems
- Experience of data management and analysis and MI reports
- Ability to plan and organise
- Excellent communications skills
- Previous experience of working with volunteers or within a membership organisation
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- Huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop or in store with over 2,000 discount, cashback and vouchers with our partners
Our activities are delivered by around 70 members of staff (based in head office and remotely) and more than 2000 volunteer organisers.
We are currently in the midst of an ambitious digital change programme that will reinvigorate the organisation, bring us up to date in terms of technology, our product, the way we talk about ourselves and the way we attract new members. Everyone in the organisation is excited about this transformation and our growth potential.