WIN a space on a brilliant writing course worth over £100, courtesy of City Lit.
Plus, three lucky runners-up will win a City Lit taster course
The 2022 CSSC Heritage Writing Competition is now open for submissions! This year’s theme is ‘New Beginnings’ so get creative and ‘begin’ to put pen to paper. Whether your favourite style is poetry, short stories, scripts or iambic pentameter, we’re excited to read your entries. Your story will be showcased in our e-book to become part of our anthology and forever part of our history.
- Entries must be a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 500 words.
- Winners of our previous writing competitions are unable to enter.
- Please include your name, CSSC number and the title of your entry, the type of writing – prose, poetry, script.
- Please provide a pen-name if you wish to be published under a pseudonym
- Your writing will be featured in the CSSC anthology for all members to enjoy reading.
- The competition closes on 30 September 2022. Winners will be notified by email.
- The judging panel will meet to review the entries, to make a final decision. The judges’ decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by email by mid-October and announced later in October on social media. Winners agree to their entries and first names being shared for promotional purposes.
- Please note that CSSC will publish the entries in an anthology. The copyright remains with the author, however by entering the competition, you are confirming that CSSC can use the entry in the winners’ anthology and any extracts in other promotional material.
- All prizes are non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be given.
Winning entries might also be asked to participate in a virtual prize ceremony.
City Lit, our sponsors, have an exciting and wide range of courses to help you study from the comfort of your own home with their new range of interactive and in-person courses at a time to suit you. Their writing courses include expert tuition from a published author and the opportunity to participate in group discussions and activities with fellow students. CSSC members get 15% off the entire range of City Lit courses.