Civil Service Coordinator
To act as the main point of contact between key Civil Service departments and CSSC, recognising their sport, physical activity and wellbeing needs. The role will also coordinate the day to day management of CSSC’s Departmental Association community.
- Understand the role of Civil Service departments within CSSC’s strategic plan and coordinate the requirements and tasks outlined within the Memorandum of Understanding between CSSC and the Civil Service.
- Build long term close working partnerships with key Civil Service departments, acting as the main point of contact, ensure regular lines of communication and develop an understanding of the sport, physical activity and wellbeing business needs of each department and coordinate plans for CSSC to meet them.
- Coordinate the day to day management of CSSC’s 30 Departmental Associations (DAs), ensuring centralised support is given to the DA volunteers who oversee their departments sport and leisure offering and look to develop any cross departmental collaborations.
- Assist the Sports Development Executive with the management of CSSC’s Health and Fitness Centres, ALPHA gyms and the volunteer community that sit within this.
- Work across the business to assist with the coordination of CSSC’s key Civil Service partnership campaigns including the Civil Service Active Wellbeing and Mental Health campaigns.
- Work alongside the Centenary Executive to co-ordinate a number of centenary celebrations within Civil Service departments and assist with any additional centenary related projects.
- Assist the Recruitment Team who cross sell CSSC’s services and products to key Civil Service contacts and notify the Recruitment Team of new potential sales opportunities.
- Potential to directly carry out wellbeing related workshops and training tailored to Civil Service departments.
- Relationship Management: Understanding the needs of clients responding to their needs, developing trust and rapport and establish yourself as a reliable source for the client to turn to with any questions or concerns.
- Communication: Be an excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Networking: An ability to network within and outside the organisation.
- Organisation: The ability to organise and prioritise own workload and manage multiple tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork: Ability to work well as both part of a team, constantly encouraging cooperation.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- A good working knowledge of the Civil Service.
- Proven experience of managing key strategic partnerships with stakeholders, affiliates and volunteers.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills at all levels.
- Competent IT skills and proficient in MS Office.
- Resilient and flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
- Good decision maming skills and the ability to analyse problems and apply best course of action.
- A relevant degree or HND, alternatively at least 2 years’ experience in a sports or health and wellbeing related environment.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of working in a project management approach.
- Working knowledge of CRM platforms.
To apply for this role please send us a CV and covering letter via email.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
Deadline date: 5th March 2021
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members, and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social), connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- A huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop, or in store with over 2,000 discounts, cashback offers and vouchers with our partners
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 24.5 days per annum
- Location: Head Office, High Wycombe
- Flexible approach to family and work-life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)