Explore the past and immerse yourself in the epic myths, legends and Welsh heritage, in the land of the castles, with free, family entry to Cadw.
Save up to £31 on family days out at Cadw's top sites.
With your CSSC membership get free family entry into participating Cadw sites and explore ancient monuments and some of the world's best castles, chapels and neolithic sites. Members can take one other adult and a maximum of 3 children (under 16) with them.
If you’re not yet a member, join CSSC today for this and hundreds more benefits and savings.
Cadw manages 130 historic properties on behalf of the Welsh Government, including world heritage sites. They tell the story of Wales through its castles, monuments, abbeys, churches and historic buildings. From Caernarfon and Criccieth Castell to Caerphilly castle and Tintern Abbey, welsh history is bought to life through its landscapes, townscapes, countryside and people.
Wales boasts more castles per square meter than any other country in the world. And no trip to Wales is complete without experiencing a warm Welsh welcome at any one of their fabulous heritage sites.
More about Wales
From the peaks of Snowdonia in North Wales to the world famous Welsh valleys, beaches and cityscapes in South Wales, the renowned Welsh heritage stretches as far as the eye can see.
Your Cadw membership is the perfect accompaniment on your tour of Wales. Whether you live there or just visiting for the day, Wales offers the most stunning list of heritage buildings, sites and national treasures to discover, explore and build happy memories.
Explore the list of participating Cadw sites.
Booking tickets and useful information
Pre-booking your free entry tickets
Members need to book their trips at least 24 hours in advance and arrive during a designated time slot. Initially, sites will be open five days a week, with individual site 'open days' available at point of purchase.
Visitors to a heritage venue, without a pre-booked slot will unfortunately be turned away.
Tickets will be available for either morning or afternoon slots for each monument, site or attraction.
Morning sessions are 10am-1pm and the afternoon sessions are 2pm-5pm.
Book your Welsh trip
To book your free tickets as a CSSC member, visit the Cadw website and follow the below guidance:
- Choose the site you wish to visit under ‘location’ and select the date range you wish to visit during. You do not need to choose an ‘event type’
- Scroll down to ‘Book Tickets’ and choose the site you wish to visit.
- Choose the date and time of your visit.
- Choose ticket type ‘CSSC Card Holder Adult- free’ for yourself and one accompanying adult guest. Select ‘CSSC Card Holder Child- Free’ for up to three accompanying children.
- Select ‘Add all tickets to basket’ and proceed through the check out.
- Place your order and you’ll receive a confirmation email, followed by your tickets, which will contain QR codes for each visitor. If you do not receive your tickets, please check your junk / spam folder.
- To gain entry to the site you will need to show your tickets when you arrive, either as a print out or on your mobile device.
- You will also need to show your digital CSSC membership card, alongside your pre-booked tickets to gain entry. There may be limited internet coverage at the entry point, so tap on your digicard before setting off. It will stay live on your phone for three days.
- Please check the Cadw website ahead of your visit to ensure sites are open and to check the most up-to-date information on safety measures and parking.
Before booking your tickets or visiting a Cadw site please check their website directly to see what safety measures they have in place or if your trip will be affected by the latest Government guidelines or advice.