Business Development Executive
To deliver new opportunities for the purpose of CSSC membership recruitment through different recruitment strategies.
- To identify, develop and create new business opportunities to generate membership recruitment, with a focus on B2B relationships.
- Work closely with the National Recruitment & Retention (R&R) Manager to develop national and regional (London) key accounts.
- Maintain relationships, develop and deliver growth within existing Civil Service and Public Sector accounts ensuring full understanding of their needs, strategies and initiatives.
- Deliver both virtual and face-to-face presentations to meet, or exceed, recruitment targets within your defined region.
- Build, develop and maintain a solid sales pipeline in collaboration with Recruitment Co-ordinators using CRM and Smartsheets.
- Engage with the CSSC regional teams to identify new opportunities for recruitment and share any feedback on potential members views of the local product or activities.
- Represent CSSC at network events, exhibitions and conferences within the region.
- Responsible for building strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Collaborate with all recruitment team members to share opportunities, information and best practice.
- Ensure accurate weekly activity reporting to R&R Manager.
- Stakeholder management, strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to network within and outside the organisation.
- Team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Collaborative approach to working as part of a wider team.
- Ability to solve problems and suggest solutions.
Skills, experience & qualifications
- 2-3 years experience in a similar B2B Business Development role.
- Consultative sales approach with experience of Account Management.
- Ability to communicate and persuade within senior levels of business.
- Exceptional networking skills.
- A strong understanding of the Civil Service and Public Sector
- Good IT skills and experience using CRM system.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
- Proven record in managing multiple opportunities and sales related projects.
- An in-depth understanding of the sales process.
- Ability to cope in a complex and fast-changing environment and respond to changing aspirations in a deadline driven situation.
- Exceptional time and diary management.
- An interest in health, wellbeing and sport.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector (desirable)
To apply for this role please send us a CV and covering letter via email.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members, and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social), connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- A huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop, or in store with over 2,000 discounts, cashback offers and vouchers with our partners
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 24.5 days per annum
- Location: Head Office, High Wycombe
- Flexible approach to family and work-life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)