Brand and Communities Executive
We are seeking an ambitious Social Media Executive to join the Marketing and Digital teams to manage CSSC’s social media platforms.
- Engage and develop online communities to grow CSSC’s brand reach.
- Develop and maintain CSSC’s social media accounts across multiple platforms.
- Champion and grow the CSSC brand inline with the strategic objectives.
- You will be the lead on improving our member engagement and brand awareness through social media, with a focus on increasing engagement, supporting volunteers and online recruitment.
- Brand guardianship, you will work with the Head of Marketing and Communications with branding strategy to position CSSC to attract new members
- Curate and own a content plan showcasing people stories across the membership and bringing them to life on social media
- Track, measure and report on social media and campaign results
- Identify the tactics and platforms that will be most effective in reaching a specified target audience
- Suggest new ideas for improving member experience and engagement
- Keep abreast of new trends in social media channels
- Growing the social following on all of their accounts. How you do it is where your knowledge and skills are crucial
- Building and leveraging partnerships across social media
- Build a community of voices across the CSSC brand
- Have high levels of attention to detail and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Have previous experience supporting with the delivery of projects
- Coordinate with regions to ensure efficiencies in content and social media planning
- Measure impact and performance of social media activity and content and revise plans accordingly
- Define KPIs and circulate a brief weekly update with insights and performance and produce a monthly social media report
- Keep up to date with the everchanging social media landscape and share developments with the wider team
- Use social listening tool and industry trends to inspire content ideas
- Help the rest of the business understand the added value provided by social media
- Passionate, shows initiative and takes responsibility
- Progressive – able to see the bigger picture and openness to change
- Supportive – uses a collaborative approach
- Social – able to get the best from others
- Respectful communication
- Flexibility and adaptability
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Strong knowledge of brand and branding
- Experience of delivery of brand identity and
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of using different social media platforms or one-year experience in a similar role
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience creating content across different formats
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud tools
- Experience at using a range of free social media tools to achieve results
- Good writing skills
- Good eye for visual design
- Proven editing and copy writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work through tasks methodically
- Experience of customer service
- A degree in Marketing or Social Media
- A willingness to keep aware and up to date with developments in technology
- A keen interest in sports and leisure activities
- Awareness of trends in the market and nationally celebrated days
- An eye for photography/videography
- Copywriting experience
To apply for this role please send us a CV and covering letter via email.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members, and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social), connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- A huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop, or in store with over 2,000 discounts, cashback offers and vouchers with our partners
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 24.5 days per annum
- Location: Head Office, High Wycombe
- Flexible approach to family and work-life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)