Members of CSSC benefit from a great range of discounted and free days out and shopping vouchers.
The medieval Bishops of Winchester were rich and powerful men, the relations and advisers of kings.
Wolvesey, standing a stone's throw from Winchester Cathedral, was their main residence throughout the Middle Ages. The extensive remains date largely from the great 12th century palace of Bishop Henry of Blois, brother of King Stephen. Though ruinous, the buildings still evoke an impression of their former grandeur. The last great occasion here was on 25th July 1554, when the East Hall was transformed with silk and gold hangings for Queen Mary and Philip of Spain's wedding banquet.
Open 10am-5pm, daily, from April until October