Members of CSSC benefit from a great range of discounted and free days out and shopping vouchers.
CSSC is a volunteer organisation, with each region and area within it run by a team of volunteers who manage the area finances, run local events, local sport, help out with marketing or communications i.e. social media and website updates, administrate draws or ticket offers and many more ways.
Currently, things are all a little different and new for CSSC. We recently launched At Home with CSSC - a fantastic online place where our members can find resources, things to do, ways to look after themselves and things to get involved in.
We’d like to expand that - adding a more local element. Just like the volunteers who have been organising activities and sports in their local areas for the past 99 years, we are looking for new VIRTUAL volunteers to join our team and support our members online. We know - THE FUTURE IS HERE!
CSSC is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who would be willing to start up and support online or virtual activities to get members active, involved and feeling happier throughout this lockdown.
What this means is kind of up to you - what do you enjoy and what could you be sharing with others?
Maybe you spend your one exercise outing each day checking out new walking/cycling or running routes - would you like to share these with other people in your area? Maybe you’d love to run a virtual book club -or a film club, perhaps you love gardening and would be willing to share your enthusiasm and knowledge with others. Maybe it’s craft you love, baking, quizzing or singing - we’d love to facilitate anything.
We can’t get together in the same ways that we’re used to - but online platforms are a wonderful opportunity to still be social, share our passion and knowledge - and support others.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will:
- Have access to training opportunities
- Be able to strengthen your CV
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, people management and other skills
- Opportunity to meet new people including like-minded volunteers
- Opportunity to support others- to know that you are contributing to others wellbeing in this very difficult and strange time.
- Opportunity to share your skills and knowledge
- Boost your own wellbeing, confidence and communication skills
More about the role of a Virtual Volunteer
- Setting up online events, Facebook Groups or Pages, setting tasks or activities for others and supporting them to take part
- Welcoming people to take part
- Maintaining regular events and contact with those who join in
- Leading and managing the groupor activity at the allotted time
- Making sure the activity is welcoming, friendly, enjoyable and safe-and of course in line with government guidelines.
- Using the CSSC website to advertise events
What amount of time should I expect to dedicate?
This really depends on what you’d like to do - it could be a one off event you’d like to try, or a weekly club/group activity, or it might be something that you set up, but then people can just take part in whenever they like. The main things is we’d like you to do something you’d enjoy - and you can give as much or as little time as you like to fit in with your life.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CSSC and how it operates (not essential as support and background can be provided)
- A keen interest inyour chosen activity - and the confidence to share it online
- A can-do attitude
- Good computer skills - and the means and equipment to enable you to volunteer remotely
- Good organisational and administration skills are required
- Willing to think differently to ensure the events are successful and that we maximise participation
Skills and abilities:
What are we looking for? The main skill we need from our Virtual Volunteers is clearly enthusiasm for inspiring others to get involved in things! In addition, we love our volunteers to be:
- Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills
- Observant and sensitive to the needs of others
- Knowledgeable about IT, social media–your chosen activity, and willing to learn remotely
- Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised
- Able to work independently but with guidance and support
- Confident at speaking in front of small groups
Find out more by emailing us: email@example.com