Account Manager (Local Authorities)
Department: Membership Recruitment
Reports to: Head of Membership Recruitment
An exciting opportunity to join CSSC as a key member of the Membership Recruitment Team (Sales) to specifically develop and grow our membership within UK Local Authorities.
You will be experienced in developing a sales pipeline through effective client relationship management and the expert use of 'consultative sales' practices to develop deep client insight – in particular identifying stakeholder needs and developing solutions that draw upon a range of CSSC benefits, resources and offers.
- Responsible for a hybrid of inbound and outbound prospecting for Local Authority/Public Sector key accounts.
- To research target organisations, and identify and engage decision makers within, or linked to, Local Authorities and the wider public sector, to enable the promotion of CSSC membership.
- Generate B2B interest in CSSC through multiple channels - email, calls, LinkedIn etc
- To manage activity across the sales funnel with a firm B2B focus, from top of funnel brand awareness through to B2C membership conversion.
- To work with internal teams (Marketing, Product, Volunteer Leads and Events) to develop targeted and effective approaches to indirect distribution, developing and utilising all available physical and digital tools including CRM
- To maintain relationships with existing and new organisations, ensuring they are regularly updated with CSSC benefits and resources to maximise CSSC exposure to employees, whilst supporting their wellbeing strategy and initiatives.
- Deliver great customer service to accounts throughout all aspects of the sales process - first impressions count!
- To lead and develop account management within Local Authorities to meet evolving sales targets through continuous improvement, communication and regular reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the CSSC products and benefits, latest industry trends, and the employee benefits/wellbeing space.
- Support sales, marketing and communications activity through attending appropriate networking, client events and CSSC events
Skills, experience & qualifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Teams, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent telephone manner; confident and articulate; competent lead management; experience of cold calling
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Time management & organisational skills
- Experience in a sales environment managing key accounts
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage and nurture relationships with multiple stakeholders and a proven track record of exceeding high-volume sales targets
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to take initiative, collaborate and explore creative ways to connect with prospects
- Target focused with strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- B2B-focused sales experience
- Sales CRM experience
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
- Exceptional internal stakeholder management skills
- Project management skills/experience
- Full UK driving license
- Sound knowledge of the Public Sector
- Experience of selling into the Public Sector
To apply for this role please send us a CV and covering letter here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members, and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social), connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- A huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop, or in store with over 2,000 discounts, cashback offers and vouchers with our partners
- 24 ½ days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Free CSSC Membership
- 90 minutes of wellbeing time, per week
- Flexible working (remote and office based)
- Excellent company pension schemes available
- Training and Development opportunities
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme