HR and Payroll Assistant
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced HR and Payroll Assistant to support our busy HR department. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the HR Manager, assisting the monthly payroll process, recruitment and selection, updating HR Records and maintaining and updating HR Policies and Procedures onto the ISMS platform.
- Assisting with day-to-day operations of the HR function.
- Providing clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Manager.
- Compiling and updating employee records.
- Regularly reviewing Policies, ensuring they are relevant and up to date via the ISMS system re policy reading/Employee Handbook etc.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance management etc.)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and occasionally be required to take minutes.
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, polices, processes, and regulations.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc.)
- Appropriately handle complaints and grievance procedures.
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
- Conduct the first day HR induction for all new joiners, ensuring they receive the appropriate level of induction.
- Ensure Job descriptions are regularly updated and updated on an employee’s file.
- Managing the recruitment inbox – responding to all speculative applications and agencies as appropriate and passing CV’s on for further consideration.
- Assist the HR Manager in the production of job descriptions and supporting Managers with this where required.
- Keeping a record of any external training for all employees.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 24.5 days per annum
- Location: Head Office, High Wycombe
- Flexible approach to family and work-life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)
- CIPD Qualified (must be working towards or qualified to minimum L3).
- Proven experience as a HR assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Previous payroll experience. Hands-on experience with HRIS or HRMS.
- Basic knowledge of Employment Law and HR Policies.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate to individuals at all levels.
- Administration skills.
- To be thorough and have high attention to detail.
- Customer service skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Be self-motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Be patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable.
- Be able to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Have good commercial awareness.
- Have good spoken and written communication skills.
- Be confident about gathering facts and statistics.
- Respect the importance of confidentiality, as you will be dealing with sensitive data.
- Have problem solving skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check.
If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members, and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social), connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- A huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop, or in store with over 2,000 discounts, cashback offers and vouchers with our partners