Things To Do
100 Words for 100 Years - Short Story Competition
In partnership with the Society of Civil and Public Service Writers, we bring you CSSC's first writing competition
To help us celebrate our centenary year, in partnership with the Society of Civil and Public Service Writers (SCPSW), CSSC are holding a short story competition in March and April 2020.
Click the button below to learn more about the SCPSW, the events and competitions they run throughout the year and the eligibility criteria for joining the Society.
How to enter
The piece must be exactly 100-words and can illustrate and characterise any experience you’ve shared with CSSC - be it sport related, leisure related or an experience you've had with one of our fantastic volunteers.
Your submission must be non-fiction prose - so no poems or song verses - the rest is up to you!
For this unique chance to take a place in history, simply submit your composition below by 30 April 2020.
Please submit your entry using the form below by 30 April 2020. Winners will be announced in July 2020 - good luck!
By submitting you agree to our terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
- The piece must be original and previously unpublished
- It must be exactly 100 words, excluding the title
- It must be prose, not verse
- Entrants must be CSSC members
- If you wish to use a pen name or pseudonym you are welcome to do so
- The winners will be judged by an expert panel of judges from the SCPSW and CSSC
- The judges' decision is final and will be made between 1-31 May 2020
- By submission, you authorise CSSC to publish your work in our centenary book and any and all future, relevant marketing and communications